- Organizes, plans and directs department operations to comply with hospital policy and objectives. Establishes and implements departmental philosophy, goals and objectives, standards, policies and procedures to achieve quality patient care and customer service. Maintains accountability of clinical and operational functions. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for departmental budgets.
- Plans, organizes, implements, and monitors departmental activities and operations in collaboration with Directors and Medical Director.
- Plans and schedules work ensuring distribution of assignments and adequate staffing based on workload and productivity standards.
- Directs a unit-based Performance Improvement Program in which individuals are an integral part of the Performance Improvement process.
- Hires, develops and maintains a competent, productive and quality-conscious workforce while maintaining own management competencies.
- Promotes awareness and ensures Associates' compliance with safety standards.
- Assures compliance with hospital policy and regulatory agency requirements.
- Integrates organizational/administrative/corporate goals and objectives into unit/department operations and communicates these goals and objectives to Associates.
- Ensures good working relationships between departments; serves as a resource and liaison with physicians for advanced problem solving related to operations.
- 2 years ago - save job