Under supervision, Clinical Nurse II apply the theoretical concepts of nursing to clinical practice by performing routine patient care assignments and established nursing policies and procedures in controlled patient care situations.
Clinical Nurse II would acquire the qualifications listed for this position by possessing a valid California Registered Nurse license and at least one year of recent acute care experience. New Graduate Nurses do not meet the requirements for a Clinical Nurse II.
Operating Room Services
Operating Room (OR) Services consists of three separate and mutually supporting units devoted to the care of the perioperative patient. The OR Services Team is committed toward meeting the needs and providing the necessary care of each individual patient undergoing an invasive surgical procedure. Perioperative services include elective, emergent, urgent and trauma procedures for all surgical services in the operating room, post operative primary and outpatient secondary recovery.
he OR currently has .5 positions available on the Day and Evening shift
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org. Computers are available at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 8th Floor, East Wing, San Jose, CA 95110, during normal business hours, for applicants to apply online.
This position is located in the Operating Room on the Day/Pm shifts and reports to the Sharon Malindzak (408) 885-5277.
- Interviews patient and/or family to obtain data for nursing assessment, records and reports data;
- Utilizes assessment data to formulate nursing diagnosis;
- Applies knowledge of normal parameters; identifies deviation from normal, obvious patient problems, symptoms, and/or behavioral changes. Reports these to the appropriate authority;
- Makes observations about physical, psycho-social, cultural, learning needs and response of patient and families; documents in a clear, concise manner.
- Identifies patient care problems and establishes priorities for care based on nursing and medical diagnosis;
- Understands goals and plans of care, for the usual patient population;
- Initiates a patient care plan and collaborates when appropriate;
- Contributes to the revision of the initial patient care plan dependent upon the changing needs of the patient;
- Contributes to the development of unit standards of care;
- Plans patient teaching activities.
- Establishes priorities and gives nursing care based on the patient care plan;
- Implements the patient care plan;
- Seeks supervision and guidance in further developing nursing skills, in performing procedures not yet mastered and/or in functioning in unfamiliar situations;
- Accepts accountability for all nursing care provided;
- Monitors compliance with safety standards and care protocols for self and others;
- Records nursing care given and patient's response to care;
- Assists in coordinating the activities needed to implement the patient care plan;
- Participates in implementation of patient discharge plan;
- Teaches patient and families;
- Compiles with external and internal regulations pertaining to nursing practice; recognizes legal and ethical duties and responsibilities of registered nurses.
- May participate in research projects.
- Evaluates the patient's response to care provided;
- Communicates evaluation outcomes;
- Evaluates teaching provided by self and others.
Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a Registered Nurse as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position as indicated above.
A candidate typically would acquire the qualifications listed for this position by possessing a valid California Registered Nurse license and at least one year of recent acute care experience.
County of Santa Clara - 2 years ago