- BSN is required
- BCLS required
- Certification is preferred
- Current state license is required
- Customer Service skills are required
- Experience is required
The Nurse Manager of the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) maintains 24 hour accountability for the clinical and management functions, as well as monitoring and evaluation activities pertinent of the staff who are providing direct patient care through the nursing process. Care is rendered to age-appropriate populations. The Nurse Manager is responsible for maintaining established standards, managing and coordinating the care and services provided by ancillary and other professional personnel. The Nurse Manager is responsible for maintaining ongoing collaborative and collegial relationships with Medical Staff, clinical and support departments. He/She demonstrates clinical skill and competence and educates staff on evidence based practice and current standards related to ASPAN and AORN standards. This position is responsible for maintaining monthly budgets as well as anticipating the capital equipment needs for the department managed.
· A Bachelor degree is required and a Master’s in Nursing, Business or Healthcare Administration is strongly recommended.
· Licensed by the Massachusetts State board of nursing as a Registered Nurse, BCLS
· Nursing certification in Perioperative CNOR/CAPA or CPAN recommended
· Ability to communicate effectively and work interdependently with others.
· Adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to recognize and respond to the human dignity in those we serve.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills
· Excellent project, business and management skills
· Excellent critical thinking skills
A minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- 22 months ago - save job