The Clinical Director for OB/L&D is a registered nurse responsible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for all the operational aspects of the OB/L&D department. Provides clinical practice leadership for the operation of specified patient services department within Riverton Memorial Hospital dedicated to the care of assigned patient population. To direct clinical practice, coordinate patient service delivery, educate and develop staff, control budget and manage the work environment. To serve as a resource for interdisciplinary divisions within the hospital. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs. Directly accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer
3-5 years of clinical experience in the specialty
- Current RN licensure from the State of Wyoming
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds.
- Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgements and recommendations regarding operations and budgets, design protocols and generate well developed reports.
- Professional knowledge sufficient to assure quality of care provided with multidisciplinary service areas.
- Demonstrates organizational leadership and management skills.
- Prior operational and supervisory experience within a complex medical center preferred.
- Master's Degree in a related discipline preferred