An Associate in the Clinical Operations practice, you will have significant responsibility for managing project workstreams, analysis of client operations, client management, solution design and implementation, and generation of project results. You will provide subject matter expertise in the area of Case Management and be part of a collaborative cross-solution project team. Associates are responsible for working with client staff to maintain the appropriate support and momentum. As an Associate, you will be responsible for mentoring analysts on the project team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction.
- Focus on key client area – Case Management
- Effectively contribute, manage and complete objectives in the Case Management workstream
- Typically partners with Huron non-clinical Associates and Managers to implement process changes and oversee creation of deliverables.
- Ability to improve speed to value implementation for client by leveraging clinical knowledge to drive process change for functional area while collaborating with onsite project team to accomplish project goals.
- Provides training and coaching to client staff and department leaders to increase performance in areas related to project contracted outcomes
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop strategic working relationships with client counterparts
- Effectively able to influence all key stakeholders to implement processes and/or drive organizational change
- Development of staff by serving as a performance coach and providing on-going feedback and coaching to project team members
- Actively support methodology development in area of expertise
- Active role in educating and coaching internal resources in area(s) of subject matter expertise
• BS/BA degree in Nursing or a health-related field required. A Master's degree in Nursing,
in Health or Hospital Administration is highly preferred.
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification highly desirable.
• 3+ years experience in healthcare provider operations - case management experience is required .
• Experience in operations CM performance improvement is preferred. We focus on the issues surrounding Length of Stay; Utilization & Case Management; Patient Throughput; and collaboration between Social Workers, RN Case Managers, and clinical staff.
• Experience supervising teams and co-workers, and ability to coach and mentor staff.
• Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
• Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents.
• Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment.
• Possess the following skill sets:
o detailed oriented
o solid written and documentation skills
o excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
o ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
o desire to do meaningful work and make a difference
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to make the following minimum travel commitment: Monday - Thursday on-site at client location/Friday home office - each/every week. As such, our consultants can live anywhere in the lower 48 states as long as they are near a major airport.
Huron Consulting was founded in 2001 by Zvi Flanders, ACC, MCP, ACE. Taking the wealth of knowledge obtained from 12 years as IT manager at...