Consults with operational leaders to identify workflow efficiencies and standardization, internalization opportunities, and productivity standards. Collaborates with other departments to identify and implement tactics to improve ease of access to care and increase revenue capture. Identifies innovation opportunities in workflows and in care delivery models. Leads dissemination of new knowledge related to care delivery innovation to internal and external audiences.
• Collaborates with regional clinical operations leaders to identify workflow efficiencies and standardization. Leads the planning and implementation of appropriate strategies to address internalization efforts.
• Leads development of productivity standards, in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
• Identifies and implements strategies for improving revenue capture through proper clinical care delivery (ex. Improved nursing documentation).
• Identifies and implements strategies for improving access to care (ex. nurse schedule improvements, seamless hand-offs, up-skilling of staff).
• Represents clinical practice viewpoints on regional committees (ex. Medication Safety, Code Blue, RQIC).
• Identifies innovation opportunities for care delivery, including development of new care delivery models. Includes writing grant proposals for testing of proposed models.
• Research and publication related to innovations in care delivery.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Seven (7) years of nursing experience required.
• Three (3) years of consulting or supervisory/management experience required.
• Experience in and understanding of health care delivery in an ambulatory setting required.
• Experience setting productivity standards and designing care delivery models.
• Master's degree business administration, nursing or health care administration required.
• RN License for DC and a Compact state (ex. Maryland, Virginia) required.
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills required
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office products required.
• Excellent writing skills required.
• Demonstrated mastery of quantitative methods required.
• Must be able to work effectively with a variety of departments and leadership levels.
• Must demonstrate exceptional customer service attitudes, including a "can do" approach.
• Must be able to independently problem-solve and develop creative solutions.
• Must be a champion for innovation and change.
• Experience in managed care setting preferred.
• Experience in policy and/or nursing competency development strongly preferred.
• Experience in health care research/health policy preferred.
• Innovating or testing care delivery modeling experience preferred.
• Health care consulting experience preferred.
• Grant writing experience preferred.
• Doctoral degree in health care or related field preferred.
• Understanding of nursing regulatory and scope of practice requirements strongly preferred.
• Publication in a major trade journal preferred.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...