Under the direction of the Dean, provide specialized service in outreach and development of P-20 partnerships for the SOE and supervise fieldwork placement for the Mission Valley campus.
- Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events and promotions for and on behalf of the SOE .
- Develop and implement outreach and marketing activities, strategies, and campaigns to promote the SOE .
- Develop brochures and other communication tools for the SOE .
- Coordinate social media for the SOE .
- Coordinate Dean’s Newsletter to outside constituents.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Create, coordinate, and implement partner recognition activities.
- Act as liaison to the Marketing and Graduate Admissions offices.
- Prepare reports, records, and other documentation needed by the Dean’s Office.
- Supervise the placement of fieldwork candidates.
- Meet with school personnel to ascertain placement opportunities.
- Keep database of school and district demographics used for fieldwork placement.
- Ensure quality placement of candidates and provide follow-through in the event of a change in placement for the candidate.
- Tracks contracts/MOUs for fieldwork, intern, and student teaching placements.
- Routinely visits school sites where SOE candidates are placed.
- Prepare reports, records, and other documentation needed by the Director of Accreditation and the Dean’s Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or business, supplemented by additional education or specialized training, and three years of comparable experience.
- Type 50 wpm. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Gmail. Experience with data entry and using database programs required.
- Experience required: current office practices, procedures, and equipment; record-keeping techniques and protocols;
- Oral and written communication skills, including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard