Provides psychological services including patient assessment; diagnostic evaluation; and individual, family, couples, and/or group therapy in an outpatient psychiatry practice setting and outpatient sleep medicine clinic. Works collaboratively with outpatient psychiatrists, sleep medicine physicians, and primary care physicians to provide comprehensive biopsychosocial care to Summa Health System patients.
Formal Education Required:
Experience and Training Required:
- Ph.D. in Clinical, Clinical/Community or Counseling Psychology
- Must be licensed or license eligible as a Psychologist in the state of Ohio.
Population Specific Competency:
- Demonstrated competency in conducting diagnostic assessments, and individual couples and family therapy with adult outpatients.
- Demonstrated experience with managed care reimbursement including utilization review and appropriateness of care concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in treatment of mental health related sleep difficulties using a cognitive behavioral approach.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse populations of patients/customers from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds and an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....