Responsibilities will be focused on the evaluation of quality improvement projects and chronic care improvement programs in Medicare managed care environments, the provision of technical support and education to health plan staff, the provision of clinical support for the maintenance of hospital quality measures and the review quality improvement initiatives.
Optimal is a leading non-partisan public policy research and consulting firm consisting of five different research centers. The areas of expertise include health care, education, welfare, housing, and community and workforce development. Clients range from federal, state, and local governments to foundations and private entities. Optimal’s mission is to provide policymakers with rigorous and timely research to enable well informed decisions. Optimal is located in College Park, Maryland.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide technical support for the development and maintenance of performance measures to assess quality of care in hospital inpatient and outpatient departments
- Design, deliver and document educational programs and technical assistance initiatives
- Evaluate the quality improvement activities of managed care organizations
- Ensure compliance with legal and procedural guidelines and quality standards for outgoing deliverables
- Communicate to the project team relevant facts on new developments in the area of hospital quality measures and their relevance to the projects at hand
- Perform research ; assist with other health policy projects and projects in Optimal’s other research centers, as assigned
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements :
Education and Experience :
- Strong background and/or demonstrated understanding of health care clinical issues
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare quality improvement, U.S. health care system and healthcare related regulations and standards
- Familiarity with the U.S. healthcare reform, Medicare Advantage Organizations, and healthcare related legislation (federal and state),
- Understanding of study design, data measurement, development of data collection instruments and research methodologies
- Well developed analytic, evaluative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in using cloud-based software applications
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted directly---NO CALLS PLEASE.
- Master’s degree in a health-related field or licensure as a registered nurse with 1-2 years of direct clinical care experience
- At least 3-5 years work experience in the design, implementation, evaluation, or coordination of quality improvement initiatives in a clinical setting, health insurance quality improvement department, Quality Improvement Organization, or related setting
IMPORTANT: Please send a cover letter with your application
Submit applications to email@example.com , reference code: CQIS