The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Psychologist / Learning Consultant to p rovide phone consultations for clinical psychologist trainees who are part of a study investigating web-based training and consultation for PTSD. The study is being conducted at the National Center of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder – Dissemination and Training Division.
This is a regular, on-call (5-19 hrs/wk) position offering a 401(k) retirement plan and employee assistance/health & wellness plans.
- Participate in 40-hour training program to develop foundation for consultation framework;
- Provide consultation on specific, cognitive-behavioral skill areas of Chain Analysis, Case Formulation, and Behavioral Task Analysis;
- Provide guidance in the understanding and implementation of the new skills, as well as encouraging the use of web-based training program resources;
- Conduct a weekly phone call to review progress and troubleshoot problems with manager and research team.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- Ph.D. in clinical, counseling, marriage & family therapy, or other related clinical field;
- 2+ years of supervisory experience;
- Availability for a 40-hour training at the beginning of employment;
- Dependability / flexibility to meet trainees schedules;
- Experience or advanced training in behavioral task assignment;
- Expertise or advanced training in cognitive behavioral techniques, chain analysis, case formulation (e.g., case conceptualization) preferred.
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com .