Clinical Research – Research Associate I
The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Clinical Research – Research Associate I to support the mission of the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) nationally and locally, through the innovative TBI Research Program at VAPAHCS. The Research Associate serves as a member of the DVBIC Research Team conducting and participating in all aspects of clinical research in TBI. Duties include systematic patient record organization, data compilation and extraction from patient medical records, data base management, analysis of data using Excel, Access, and SPSS study database(s) as well as support in manuscript publication.
This is a regular, part-time, non-exempt position.
- Collaborate with DVBIC Research Team, Program Manager and research staff from the Polytrauma System of Care on research proposals, data management, analysis, interpretation, and quality assurance
- Carry out systematic quality assurance procedures on records and data entry
- Manage research study databases
- Compile data from clinical and research records and patient files and enter into computer Excel, Access, and SPSS files
- Conduct patient screening, recruitment and follow-ups on long-term research studies
- Organize and maintain all study materials, including patient study files and records
- Compile and analyze data using advanced knowledge of science and statistical principles
- Collaborate with DVBIC Research team and contribute to literature reviews, poster abstracts and manuscript publication
- Review the clinical data and present findings to PI/study monitors
- Provide timely program support to all DVBIC staff and principal investigators, as needed
- BA/BS in health-related or scientific field of study or equivalent required; master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of clinical research experience
- Excellent skills in data computation and analysis including familiarity with Excel, ACCESS and SPSS
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of research design; attention to detail
- Ability to organize own time efficiently and work autonomously
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills; good writing skills
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands
Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com.
PAIRE, Inc. - 20 months ago