The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Clinical Research Associate II / Psychologist to plan, conduct, and analyze experimental research studies involving cognitive-behavioral treatments for insomnia.
This is a regular, part-time position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
· Co-operates in planning, conducting, and analyzing results of experiments to study research-based cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia;
· Finds appropriate resources for advertising the study and arranges to give talks in the community to recruit study participants;
· Conducts interviews and administers screening questionnaires to determine whether participants meet inclusion/exclusion criteria;
· Delivers specific cognitive-behavioral treatments for insomnia according to manualized instructions to assigned participants;
· Helps supervise research assistant in administering and scoring study questionnaires completed by participants;
· Analyzes test results, using statistical techniques, and evaluates significance of data in relation to original hypothesis;
· Collaborates with other scientists / researchers in the field;
· Writes papers describing experiments and interpreting test results for publication or for presentation at scientific meetings.
· Must have a PhD in clinical psychology or a related discipline;
· At least 1 year of experience delivering cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia;
· Must be able to communicate well with older patients;
· Must already be qualified and trained to deliver cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia;
· Must have experience in delivering one-on-one therapy to patients;
· Clinical license preferred;
· Must be able to conduct cognitive testing;
· Prefer experience with delivering psychological therapy to older adults;
· Prefer experience with general computer programs (e.g., MS Office);
· Prefer experience with statistical software (e.g., SAS).
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
· Regular exposure to a lab environment;
· Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .