Clinic Services Representative
Staffing Resource Pool
Competitive Salary + DOE
Voted one of the top hospitals in Seattle, WA Virginia Mason Medical Center offers healthcare professionals exciting opportunities to expand their careers in a team-oriented environment. Our multidisciplinary approach known as “Team Medicine” gives every individual the chance to contribute to the well-being of our patients and the continuing success of our medical center.
This position facilitates and coordinates the daily activities of the section to ensure that each patient feels respected, welcome and comfortable. This position assists providers in administering health care through telephone triage, appointment scheduling, rooming patients, managing and communicating daily schedules, ensuring revenue capture is complete/timely, and communicating test results and patient concerns in an efficient and timely manner.
1. Schedules new and follow-up appointments utilizing VM department specific systems, special procedures and tests, updates insurance, confirms codes, explains tests or procedures and requests or submits referrals. Reminds patients of upcoming appointments by phone or by preparing computer-generated "recall" letters.
2. Triages patient's emergent, urgent or routine concerns/problems. Refers to physician (RN/PA/ARNP) as necessary; explains to patient what follow-up to expect or what actions to take; conveys clear and complete information to providers.
3. Facilitates patient flow and rooming through taking medical histories, vital statistics, and obtaining last visit notes and/or lab results. Maintains provider's daily schedule and communicates changes as necessary. Alerts provider to urgent messages and assists in keeping provider on schedule. Keeps patients informed regarding delays.
4. Informs patients of test results per section protocol and maintains filing of test results.
5. Manages information such as filing, pharmacy refill line, fax, copier, release and receipt of records & x-rays, quality checks on charge slips and sorts mail and other communications. Coordinates DME delivery/return as necessary.
6. Maintains stock, cleans and organizes exam rooms; maintains patient education materials; cleans/sterilizes equipment as needed; provides safe environment for patients, staff and others.
This position requires a minimum of one year experience in a health care setting, related education or equivalency and demonstrated customer service and/or patient care skills. Also requires demonstrated organization, interpersonal communication and basic computer skills. A High School diploma or equivalency is required. In addition, incumbents must demonstrate problem-solving and prioritization skills in order to manage multiple tasks successfully throughout the day.
This position primarily provides services at the VM First Hill location, but occasionally will work at the VM clinics located on the Eastside, Federal Way, Issaquah, Lynnwood, Winslow and the University area. Candidates must have their own transportation to the regional clinics. Candidates must be able to get to work in inclement weather, have an excellent attendance record and stay the full length of their shift
Prefer proficiency in VM computer systems (IBM scheduling, Groupwise, RMS & Internet Explorer). Also prefer demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and third-party payor requirements. Demonstrated basic clinical skills and telephone skills preferred.
Come join the quality health care leader in Seattle. Be a part of the Virginia Mason team where we offer you a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, all in a wonderful place to live. Seattle is a vibrant and sophisticated city that offers first-rate restaurants, shopping, theatre and an abundance of outdoor activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Virginia Mason - 11 months ago
With numerous awards and distinctions, including recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason Medical Cen...