Registered Nurse (RN) who renders individualized comprehensive nursing care to meet patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual, social, cultural and educational needs.
The RN provides the best possible preventative, supportive, and rehabilitative nursing care to each patient based upon the nursing process and in accordance with hospital policy and procedure;
es functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital in a spirit that fosters positive working relationships.
The RN will function as a primary care provider in the peri-operative / recovery phase of the patient’s care.
The RN will function in a manner to provide quality patient care for patients from pediatric to elderly.
-The Clinical Supervisor also assists the Peri-Op Manager in providing clinical and charge support that reflect Joint Commission.
Implements and assesses the daily function of nursing care and services provided in the unit on all shifts.
Supports hospitals mission and vision statements and goals.
- Current State of Alaska licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS, PALS and ACLS Healthcare Provider with the American Heart Association required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- 2 year Associate Degree required, 4 years are preferred
/Critical Care experience preferred
- 5 years experience in acute care required
- 3 years prior Clinical Supervisor experience in an acute care hospital preferred
- CPAN (Certified Peri-Anesthesia Nurse) preferred
- 2 years peri-operative experience preferred.
- Familiar with Facility Scheduler program
- Familiar with Outlook e-mail/Calendaring
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...