Parsons’ Day Treatment Program is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health to provide integrated clinical and educational programming for youths who have serious emotional disturbances. The program serves youths who live at home or in the community within 50 miles of Parsons’ main campus on Academy Road in Albany, NY and who have been identified and referred by their school districts.
Youths and their family members participate in the creation of comprehensive plans that address their social, emotional, psychological, psychiatric, health and educational needs. Day Treatment staff is trained in state-of-the-art practices in the assessment and treatment of youths who have experienced trauma.
This position is scheduled to start on May 20, 2013 and will likely end in early August 2013. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, 8am - 3pm. Approximately 19.5 hours per week.
SERVICE TASKS :
1. Assess individual and family situations.
2. Identify problem areas, treatment goals and methods to attain goals.
3. Provide therapeutic services to child and family using differential treatment modalities.
4. Work with interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and to monitor ongoing progress of child and family.
5. Learn and practice case coordination skills.
6. Work with referring and collateral agencies and prepare reports and correspondence as needed.
7. Record and maintain case record in accordance with Agency, JCAHO, OMH, and other state mandates.
8. Participate in intake assessments as assigned.
LMSW preferred (Licensed Master Social Worker)
License and degree in community counseling, mental health and or family counseling will also be considered (LMHC, LMFT).
Must have ability to serve emotionally disturbed youths (aged 5-21) and their families
This position encompasses the scope of practice, supervision and setting to work towards an LCSW or LMHC in New York State.