Provide clinical services to clients experiencing mental illness, addictions and/or serious emotional disorders.
SCOPE : Coordinates all aspects of clinical treatment for assigned clients with major mental illness and/or serious emotional disorders. Provides individual, group and family therapy and crisis intervention. Maintains contact with and consults with relevant collaborative parties. Participates as full member of the clinical team and the program and is responsible for maintaining client records.
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
Provides Full-Range of Clinical Services for Clients with mental illness, addictions and /or serious emotional disorders.
• Completes intake assessment and diagnosis.
• Coordinates client-centered treatment planning.
• Works with client to develop treatment plan to meet presenting problems and
• Documents ongoing client progress.
• Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
• Therapist’s working with families must demonstrate cultural competency and sensitivity to each family’s cultural needs.
• Works with clients to develop appropriate discharge plans utilizing natural supports.
• Determines appropriate treatment services for assigned clients to assist them in staying in the community and resuming occupational, educational and/or leisure activities.
• Maintains collaborative relationships with family members and other service providers.
• Develops and provides group therapy and psycho educational groups designed to aid clients in understanding and managing their symptoms.
• Provides individual therapy when indicated to aid clients in maintaining or improving their level of functioning.
• Provides family therapy and consultation when indicated to assist clients and families in learning about and managing mental illness and/or behavioral issues.
• Provides crisis assessment and intervention to monitor status of clients in crisis.
• Performs home or outreach visits when appropriate.
Responsible for Maintaining Client and Staff Records According to Agency Policy.
• Completes intake and discharge recordkeeping.
• Keeps all client progress notes, treatment plans and other records up-to-date.
• Completes all agency statistical and other recordkeeping according to agency policy and procedures.
Participates as Full Member of Team.
• Attends and participates actively in assigned team and staff meetings.
• Consults with other team members.
• Covers for other staff during periods of vacation or absence.
• Participates in weekly supervision to review client and
• program progress.
• Collaborates with other agency staff and external providers who are working with client.
Participates Actively in Maintaining a Safe and Positive Environment
• Keeps abreast of all agency policies and procedures.
• Reports client injuries and incidents to supervisor.
• Sets positive example of interaction with clients and other staff.
• Takes initiative in interaction with clients in order to set an example of
• Maintains client confidentiality.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeps abreast of current ideas, theories and research regarding treatment of population served.
• Transports clients, when necessary using agency vehicles and, when appropriate, personal vehicle.
• May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) strongly desired.
• Knowledge of clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment; risk assessment, crisis management, individual/group/parent guidance.
• Ability to provide case formulation and develop focused, goal oriented treatment plans, related to client’s treatment readiness or developmental level and problem identification.
• Familiarity with psychotropic medications.
• Ability to collaborate makes appropriate referrals, and interface with numerous other professions, maintaining professional boundary and advocating for client.
• Ability to articulate treatment needs to, and deal with insurance companies/ MCO’s including documentation.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing cogently and in a timely manner.
• Excellent demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to use supervision/consultation to learn and provide more effective treatment services.
• Desire to grow/develop professionally.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Masters Degree in mental health field strongly preferred.
CHR - 18 months ago