This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The Emergency Services Clinician works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to provide immediate short term relief to individuals suffering from an acute psychiatric episode. S/he is directly responsible to the Emergency Services Program Director.
Job Code: ESC01
Essential Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Two years post grad experience in a mental health setting or one year supervised internship at graduate level.
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs.
- Have a background in children, adolescent, and family work.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
- Have the ability to move readily from task to task.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Promote high staff moral and team atmosphere within department.
- Possess a valid Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Adhere to the agency’s policy regarding confidentiality.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Adhere to all policies set forth in the Employee Manual.
- Have a commitment to the agency’s philosophy and the ability to translate this to others.
- Ability to move quickly in responding to emergencies.
- Complete intake data form by telephone or in person either on site or at outreach locations.
- Confirm health care coverage.
- Conduct comprehensive mental health status exam utilizing an admissions/screening instrument which includes providing a diagnosis in accordance with the DSM IV.
- Telephone screening and consultations.
- An understanding of different treatment modalities that can be applied to stabilize clients in their home and prevent hospitalization.
- Consult with clinic director/administrator on call and or consulting psychiatrist prior to disposition plan to include outpatient services, hospitalization or hospital diversion.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, staff meetings, staff development and training curriculum.
Child & Family Services - 9 months ago