"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides professional case management and clinical therapeutic services in an acute care psychiatric hospital focused on overseeing the care of patients from admissions through discharge.
(Several Causal positions available)
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include"
- Provides indirect services to patients. Acts as an advocate for the patient/family with the treatment team.
- Provides direct services to patients including: psychosocial assessment treatment and discharge planning; individual, group and family therapy, and crisis intervention.
- Provides oversight of patient's care, progress in treatment, and progress toward discharge in order to prevent both the over-utilization and the under-utilization of inpatient treatment services. This is accomplished through feedback to and from the patient, significant others, the treatment team, and UR and community resources.
- Works with a multidisciplinary treatment team to develop an individualized treatment, and a discharge plan that enables patients to quickly return to outpatient treatment programs. Develops a discharge plan that will support patient's ongoing recovery and development.
- Assesses the psychosocial functioning of patients at admission and throughout the treatment program; conducts interviews with patients and significant others to determine assets as well as challenges to optimal patient functioning both while in the program and upon discharge to a lesser restrictive level of care.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community resources to assist patients medical needs at discharge for on-going treatment, residence, financial support, transportation, education, and vocational rehabilitation.
- Refers patients and family to community resources.
- Applies for court ordered mental health services for patients unable or unwilling to consent to treatment deemed necessary to protect the life of the patient or others. Presents to the Probate Court, both in writing and in oral testimony, reports of the specific patients behaviors prompting the request for involuntary admissions for services.
Master's degree in a behavioral science. Two years experience in a psychiatric hospital. Current license from the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LCP).
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...