Burncoat Family Center |
: Community Healthlink’s Youth and Family Services established the Burncoat Family Center in October 1992 as a residential and day treatment program for children with serious emotional issues. The program is located in a residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Since then the Burncoat Family Center has provided a safe, secure, short-term alternative to hospital treatment for children. Often, children who are hospitalized with serious emotional issues depart an institution with problems still unresolved. The Burncoat Family Center’s acute residential treatment program offers psychiatric, therapeutic and assessment services. The program, which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, accommodates 12 resident-youngsters, and as many as 20 day treatment clients, as well as a day treatment program and short-term respite.
- Individual, family and group therapy with children and adolescents in an acute residential treatment setting.
- Develop and implement treatment plans as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide clinical case management, including aftercare planning and utilization reviews.
- Crisis intervention when necessary.
- Energetic, fun and creative person able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting productivity expectations.
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment, strong communication skills, and flexibility.
- Working knowledge of CBT, DBT, SFBT or other evidence-based model.
- Bilingual written and oral skills a plus.
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field.
Community Healthlink - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...