Full-time development in Reston or Rosslyn, VA (your choice)
Berico Technologies is seeking enthusiastic technologists to help lead an emerging project to build a cloud-based data warehouse to support training and simulation operations for a federal sector partner. Join us as we apply cutting-edge technologies in a range of disciplines spanning distributed processing, virtualization, natural language processing, large data storage, rich client interfaces, event stream processing and Service-Oriented Architecture.
We need Elephant Tamers . Hadoop is increasingly becoming the platform of choice for large data analysis within the federal sector, but many organizations lack the knowledge or experience to effectively leverage the framework. Berico Technologies is looking for mahouts to help our partners manage these maladroit pachyderms.
We are looking for mid to senior level candidates with experience in enterprise architecture, cloud computing, and nontraditional storage, especially those with backgrounds in Enterprise Java (J2EE or Spring). If you feel like you can contribute in one of these areas, or have another skill that would be unique to our project, we would love to hear from you! This could not only be your opportunity to play with those exciting technologies you've been dying to learn, but also a unique chance to join one of the ten best companies in the Washington, DC area (according to the Washington Business Journal ).
We may be looking for you...
- If you believe in Unit Testing and Domain Driven Design, please apply.
- If you think SOA is more than just Web Services, please apply.
- If you love virtualization and understand why it's important, please apply.
- If IOC and AOP are close friends of yours, please apply.
- If you find the impedance mismatch of OOP and RDBMS annoying, please apply.
- If you have ever manually invoked garbage collection (without a reason you're prepared to vigorously defend), please don’t apply.
- If you find yourself playing with MongoDB one day, and then Cascading, or Thrift or Protobuf or HBase or Node.js another day, please apply.
- Most importantly, if you KNOW that Han shot first, please apply!
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience in the Hadoop Ecosystem (1-2 years)
- Experience in report generation (Jasper Reports, Crystal Reports, or custom report generation)
- Experience in the US Government C&A process including ATO, CoN, etc.
- Your hands should be dirty with a couple of the following:
Major Bonuses, but not necessary:
- Enterprise Architecture
- SOA / EDA
- Rules Engines
- Complex Event Processing
- Messaging (Remoting)
- Web Services
- Batch Processing
- Domain Specific Languages
- Web Development
- Unit Testing and Mocking Frameworks
- Distributed Databases
- Distributed Processing
- Design Patterns
- Concurrency (Actors, Message Passing)
- Analytic disciplines
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- 2D/3D Visualization
- Graphing and Charting Frameworks
- Strong Mathematical Background (especially in Statistics)
- Significant Experience with Open Source Ruby, Python, or Java frameworks
- Practical Experience with Cassandra, RavenDB, CouchDB, MongoDB, Neo4j, or Redis
- Practical Experience with OSGi and the Spring ecosystem
- Have a software-engineering uncle named “Robert”
- Active Open Source framework contributor, or have your own blog!
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Berico Technologies - 2 years ago