As the SaaS Applications Systems Engineer , you will be responsible for a variety of technical, operational, and consultative activities, including system administration and release engineering tasks. Candidate should have an expert background in running both Windows and Linux server applications, programming aptitude, experience with a formal software release process, and the ability to learn quickly. Experience supporting a production environment is required, as you will be a key member of the team responsible for delivering the world class online service to a fast growing customer base.
The ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner is essential, as the candidate will participate in technical and customer reviews and must communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated, and work closely with others in a team environment and able to define, plan and implement long term goals and tasks in support of SaaS strategies. Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills, logical thinking and attention to detail are required to work in this environment. It is critically important to the company that database systems connected to online services and public-facing software offerings offer the highest levels of reliability and performance.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Support and maintain the global application production environment.
- Install, configure, and upgrade custom and packaged applications.
- Handling and resolving issues escalated from the production operational environment on a rotating 24x7 on-call basis.
- Maintain production monitoring systems.
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues.
- Evaluate and manage application and environment security.
- Follow change management processes during implementations.
- Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure.
- Work in a diverse and global team environment.
- Cross-train with other administrators.
** PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A W-2 CONTRACT POSITION.**
- 5 or more years of experience in Windows Server and Linux administration in an Internet-focused production environment.
- Red Hat Linux administration is a big plus.
- Experience supporting 24x7 mission critical Internet applications.
- ASP and online hosting experience a huge plus.
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols.
- Familiarity with hosted application service provider environments, including remote administration of devices.
- General database experience, including aptitude writing SQL and administering Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL Ability to code in Perl and shell script (and learn other languages quickly).
- Programming aptitude, particularly in web-related languages.
- Experience with JBoss and/or J2EE environments.
- Familiarity with a formal software release process, including the software build process and source control.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
Talent Merchants - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard