This position requires interaction and coordination among several different groups within the Product Development group including Operations, Development, QA and Support. Primarily maintains the production environment for the xStream Portal product to include deployment of software updates and new virtual machines to support operation of the xStream Portal on a combination of Windows-based and Open Source-based platforms and technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Troubleshoot production problems with the xStream portal products for and with customers including software error, networking errors, web service errors
2. Respond to customer-initiated service tickets for reported problems.
3. Build and maintain virtualization infrastructure to support the xStream portal system both in production as well as QA environments or other proof of concept environments.
4. Ability to work independently at a high productivity level.
5. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form; especially technical concepts.
6. Ability to work well as a member of a large team spanning multiple cultures and time zones.
7. Take initiative to accomplish tasks involving communication/coordination with Operations, Development and QA teams.
8. Plan, coordinate and execute deployment of the xStream portal upgrades to production environments.
10. High self-motivation and ability to learn multiple technologies and software applications with little supervision.
11. Ability to multi-task several projects at a time.
12. Improve existing processes and/or develop new processes to improve efficiency where needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
1. Virtualization Software: VMware 4.1(5.0 is a plus), RHEMV (kvm), ECP.
2. Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/Server 2003/Server 2008 R2, Linux (CentOS 6.2+, RHEL 6.2+)
3. Databases: SQL Server 2008, MongoDB.
4. Web Servers: IIS 7.0+, nginx.
5. Web Technologies: .NET Web Services, WCF Services, REST Services, Silverlight 4, HTML 5
6. Nimsoft Management Portal, Microsoft Active Directory.
7. Familiarity with Two-Factor Authentication concepts and experience managing and troubleshooting Safenet Authentication Manager 8.1 and MobilePass.
8. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of enterprise networking concepts; especially as it relates to virtualized environments.
9. Software Development: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Git.
10. Project Management: Version One
11. Chef, RabbitMQ
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
Virtustream (www.virtustream.com ) is a leading enterprise cloud software and
services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform,
xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is
truly consumption-based. Virtustream’s team comprises of architects, engineers and developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
We lead our suite of offerings with our Cloud Advisory Services providing expertise in the areas of cloud adoption, architecture strategy, migration roadmaps and integration services. Depending on your requirements, our xStream Cloud Platform can deliver private, multi-tenant or hybrid cloud alternatives, all managed within a single pane of glass. We then maximize your business’s productivity with Cloud Cover , a set of managed services tuned to optimize the way your applications run in a cloud. Since we recognize that “one size does not fit all”, we also provide Cloud Staging & Network Services geared towards colocating physical assets running workloads deemed unsuitable for the cloud yet needing to interact heavily with applications that are running in it. This allows your organization to adapt at its own pace while ensuring integrity, security and performance throughout the transformation.
Virtustream owns and operates its own data centers in the U.S. and U.K., and has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Dublin and the Channel Islands.
Virtustream offers competitive pay and a generous benefit package to all of our full time employees. Benefits are effective the first day of the following month of employment for full time employees and include medical, dental and vision plans paid by the company for the employee, 401K, life insurance, STD/LTD and vacation & holiday pay.
Virtustream is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Virtustream not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other protected class in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Virtustream Inc. - 19 months ago