Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries – including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 3,500 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Cloud Services Support Engineer is expected to deliver high quality, comprehensive Level III technical support on the Kronos Workforce Central Suite of products within the Cloud Services Hosting environment. Team members are expected to engage in complex application and infrastructure challenges via case work and direct communication with the Cloud Services Customers as well as the Hosting Operation Team and Kronos IT. Candidates for this position will respond, troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of database, application and infrastructure problems encountered in hosted environments.
He or she is expected to have expertise in some of the following areas: application troubleshooting, DBA skills, knowledge of JBOSS application platform, security and authentication methodologies, application performance troubleshooting, network communication and system administration.
The Cloud Services Support Engineer:
- Provides support as a member of a team responsible for Workforce Central Cloud Customers (focused on databases, application, infrastructure and performance).
- Communicates effectively to both technical and non-technical individuals at various levels internally and externally.
- Provide expertise as the internal escalation point for infrastructure and technology issues related to the Kronos application and Cloud Services environment.
- Work with Engineering to create Product Action Requests as related to product suite and environment challenges.
- Work with Hosting Operations to identify and resolve issues in the environment.
- Maintain the highest possible level of expertise in applications, technologies and products associated with Kronos and Cloud Services.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated strong technical abilities to resolve a wide range of issues at both the application and technology tiers. They will be able to prioritize and work independently while effectively documenting complex tasks. They will demonstrate good judgment in troubleshooting and achieving long term problem resolution.
Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
Resource will have strong technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Direct experience supporting application and infrastructure hosting and client-side troubleshooting techniques .
- Advanced working knowledge of PC's, operating systems, web technologies, communications protocols, and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems on multiple platforms.
- Strong SQL Server and/or Oracle database experience including scripting, security, and performance tuning required.
- Proven track record of diagnosing system and application performance within a JBOSS or other application server environment.
- Microsoft Server system administration abilities.
- JVM and JMX monitoring helpful.
- SSL, LDAP, Single Sign On knowledge and support experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task
Kronos Incorporated - 20 months ago
Kronos knows time is money for its customers. The company makes and implements workforce management software particularly for organizations...