PLEASE NOTE : This position can work remotely from mutliple locations.
As an Cloud Software Engineer, you will be building, evolving, and operating the infrastructure automation platform used to power our cloud services. You will ensure that our production environment is operating and performing optimally and efficiently; that software is released and deployed in an efficient and streamlined manner, from development all the way to production.
This is a hands-on operational role with a balanced amount of tool and infrastructure development, including advanced scripting and automation. You will be supporting our internal infrastructure, as well as providing managed services support, product development, and support the entire stack for a cloud-based service offering.
Success in this role requires very strong system administration skills, an aptitude for distributed systems and attention to minute details.
You need to have well exemplary network, systems and code-level troubleshooting abilities and will be expected to analyze complex system behaviors or performance problems as well as trace issues across multiple systems. This position works as a first responder and is ultimately responsible for ensuring our cloud infrastructure services are up and running.
- Operate and deploy cloud services and related projects from development to production
- Develop automation, processes, and tools to make this process simpler and more robust. Bridge Engineering and core shared operations services
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
- Communicate with and coordinate the activities of multiple teams as well as customers to ensure harmonious execution of changes and prompt response to issues
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in a highly-complex technical operations environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment - distributed systems, capacity planning, continuous deployment
- At least 3 years with Linux/Unix systems administration
- Solid scripting skills, Ruby or Python experience is a big plus (Perl, C, Java helpful)
- Expertise in IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, Operating, and failure modes of the network (iptables, haproxy, vpn, tcp/ip, http)
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience, especially in a virtual (VMWare) environment
Cloudtropolis - 10 months ago