ECS-Virtual Private Cloud- Offering Manager will own a given release of the ECS-VPC Offering. This includes all features and functionality going into a release along with pulling together the Pricing Strategy, Competitive Analysis, all Business Cases and ensuring that it is reviewed and approved within the ECS-VPC Offering team and ECS Leadership team. Finally, the Offering Manager will be accountable to work with Branding and Communications to outline a key Value Proposition for the given release and maintain the Market Positioning for ECS overall.
• Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
• Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
• Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
• Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design. Provides consulting advice to customer senior Information Technology (IT) leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP's solutions and products.
• Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
• Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
• Actively participates in HP professions program and Practice Improvement activities. Role
• models knowledge sharing and
• Re-use within practice or profession. Proactively encourages Leads technically significant work on enterprise scale projects. Is recognized by peers as an expert in a particular area of technology. Sustained and consistent contribution at the region level.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree required. MBA Preferred.
Experience Service Design Models and Software Development Cycles
5-10 years Experience in Analytical models to understand product correlation
5-10 years in Product or Service mgt role
Project or Program Mgt background
Experience with Complex Service Design Preferred
Experience with Software Development Preferred
Experience with Service Operations Preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Strong Program Leadership skills
Desire to maintain accurate, detailed records of requests, requirements and track decisions
Presentation Skills to both Internal/External Clients
Polished Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Results Centric/Driver of Change
Remain abreast of new technologies and infrastructure
Strong Matrix Management Skills
Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
Strong negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise. Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment. Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
• Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of Information Technology (IT) products, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor interoperability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures. May define interoperability issues between vendors' products. Is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across an HP Services (HPS) region. Holds a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area. Regularly represents HPS at industry recognized technical events.
• Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant multi-vendor products.
• Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate new offerings across multiple business units. Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
• Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
• Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions. Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
• Ability to relate risks and challenges with other client efforts.
• Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures. Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements to technologies.