Cluster Infrastructure Manager
The Graph Analytics Operation within Intel Labs develops solutions that address the challenges of Big Data Analytics and Large-Scale Machine Learning. It is focused on delivering disruptive software and hardware technologies that will transform datacenter operations and improve user experience.
We are looking for a highly motivated Cluster Infrastructure Manager who is interested in working in a lean, entrepreneurial environment that will launch new Intel products into new markets. You have led the rapid deployment of a modest Supercomputer or Big Data Analytics cluster. You are also a technologist at heart that works with latest generation of server systems, high-end networking, Linux distributions and automation tools used in cluster computing. You can manage the rapid build-up of a Supercomputer or Big Data Analytics cluster, identify and mitigate risks, and lead a team to deploy systems and automate the management of the cluster. You think a cluster of computers with thousands of CPU cores, many terabytes of memory and multiple petabytes of storage all interconnected with 10 and 40 gigabit networks is seriously cool. You have passion for quality, aggressive delivery and team morale. You are a strong customer advocate and excel at challenging and motivating your staff. You are an excellent collaborator and enjoy tackling hard problems as part of a world-class team.
As the Cluster Infrastructure Manager, you will report to the General Manager and work with the Leadership Team to establish and maintain policies and processes related to the deployment and operation of the computational systems required to support the rapidly growing software research and development team, the business and specific project objectives. Your duties may include, but not be limited to, the development of processes and methodologies to ensure successful cluster deployment, scheduling and tracking of equipment purchases, combine open-source and commercial technologies to automate server and network configurations, managing a small team of full-time and contract workers, mange the relationship with facilities engineers and the general contractor upgrading the power and cooling in the technical computing lab. You are expected to familiarize yourself with the program's technologies, architectures, development methodologies, and strategies so that you can anticipate program needs and support organizational objectives. In this position, you will use your extensive experience with cluster computing to develop processes/best practices to ensure the cluster supports concurrent software development/test/validation efforts you must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through your relevant job experience.
- Must have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering discipline. In lieu of a degree, must have an additional 5 years of experience in a management leadership role (in addition to the below requirements)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing, maintaining and continuously improving a high-performance or data center computing cluster
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a manager or team leader
- Minimum 2 years of experience in deployment of a technical or data center computing cluster that included working with facilities engineers and/or construction contractors to install/modify power or cooling infrastructure
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with vendors, obtaining quotes and purchasing equipment
- Minimum 2 years of experience with common cluster monitoring and automation tools; such as Nagios and/or Chef
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Linux systems-level programming and scripting
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale distributed analytics frameworks like Hadoop with a strong understanding of scaling, performance, and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience with distributed databases or distributed file systems
Jul 17, 2013
Aug 18, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...