To manage the day-to-day operations of a rue21 store; reports directly to the Store Manager.
- Develop initiatives to drive and maximize store sales to achieve goals.
- Control and minimize shrink to meet company expectations.
- Plan and control payroll within budget.
- Manage a store team of approximately 10 part-time and full-time sales associates and/or stockpersons.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Motivate Associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all Associates, peers, and supervisors.
- Establish, teach, and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Provide Associates the tools necessary to ensure customer satisfaction through training, development, and example.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers.
- Maintain company standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Execute company directives for product placement, display, and signage.
- Maintain company standards through compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified Associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop Associate potential.
- Coach, confront, and counsel Associates to improve performance.
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a “Whatever It Takes!” spirit.
- Demonstrated ability in a store management capacity to successfully operate and drive the sales performance of an apparel retail store.
- Minimum of 1-2 years store management experience required.
- Work a scheduled minimum of 43 hours per week. Weekends, holidays, and minimum of two nights per week are required on a rotational basis.
- Standing up to 8 hours
- Carrying up to 40 pounds
- Climbing ladders
- Balancing on ladders
- Bending at the waist
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Kneeling on the ground
- Reaching above the shoulder frequently
rue comes from the French word for street while 21 embodies the age that everyone wants to be! Inspired by the spirit and style of one of...