Work with the store manager to ensure effective execution of all company policies, merchandising programs and budget plans to achieve projected store sales, profit and payroll figures. Ensure effective customer relations. Execute special assignments under the direction of the store manager and oversees the perishable departments.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Focus individual attention and accountability for the daily operations of the Meat, Produce, Bakery, Deli, Floral and Seafood departments.
- Work collaboratively with the entire store management team to assist with all aspects of total store operations including: customer service levels, associate development, achievement of sales, profit, payroll, productivity goals, store standards, price integrity etc.
- Coach, train & develop department managers; holding them accountable for department conditions and achievement of business goals (sales, inventory, gross profit, sanitation, etc.).
- Identify candidates with the potential for growth opportunities; develop plans to expose part-time associates, department managers, and other management candidates to other skill areas. Evaluate job performance and provide feedback. Counsel and coach associates.
- Review all Plan-o-grams on a weekly basis to ensure full compliance, cross merchandise where opportunities arise for additional sales; ensure compliance with sales items 24/7.
- Ensure 100% compliance with food safety standards in sanitation and food handling; be prepared for emergencies and understand how to handle the loss of refrigeration or power in all perishable departments. Daily follow through on proper cooler management procedures.
- Ensure a safe work environment and availability of all personal protective equipment in all departments. Maintain the established company standards of safety throughout the perishable departments (i.e. lifting, case cutters, power jacks, compactors, etc.).
- Provide excellence in perishable presentation via creative displays and quality of product.
Why Work for Supervalu?
- Department Manager experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Good management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
- Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights.
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of approximately 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has approximately 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
SUPERVALU - Pharmacy - 7 months ago