HR Employee Communications - Business Major-Junior)
Are you looking to launch your Communications career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology is currently seeking a career-minded communications individual to join our team. If you are a highly motivated, creative, and resourceful student pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to launch your career.
UPS Information Services (I.S.) is currently taking applications for an Employee Communications Co-op to join its Strategic Communications team at UPS’s World Technology Headquarters in Mahwah, NJ.
The Employee Communications Co-Op will contribute to the creation of communications through planning, research, interviewing, writing, editing, designing, web posting and analysis for a variety of communication channels. He/she will work on multiple projects focused on employee communications. Responsibilities also will include support of strategy development, effective execution of the strategies, community relations support and publicity.
The Co-op will report to the on-site Employee Communications Supervisor.
Co-op must have:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be well organized, resourceful, and inquisitive
• Demonstrate sound presentation skills
• Have a proficiency in photography
• Have experience in multimedia products like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, QuarkXPress and other design software products
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Ability to multi task, with flexibility to move from project to project
• Some corporate or office work preferred
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
Viable candidates must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program and be able to work 15-20 hours per week during school year and 32-40 during the summer months.
The desired Co-op will be working toward a 4-year degree in Communications or a degree in a related field.
The desired Co-op (Communications Major-Junior) must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 24 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...