Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to Forbes magazine. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; commodity trading; minerals; ranching; glass; electronic components and energy; and investments. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested about $60 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures.
Koch Industries is looking for a pilot to join the Corporate Aviation team in Wichita. It will be necessary to maintain positive work relationships with all team members as well as the customers we serve. We are looking for someone who will be able to perform the SIC duties required by a professional crew member and be willing to accomplish other aviation related duties in addition to flying. This is a great opportunity for someone that is self-motivated and has the ability to work unsupervised; someone who is dependable, conscientious, and will portray a professional image. It is important to note that this position requires dependability, flexibility, and availability – there is no set schedule.
We are looking for someone who can maintain high proficiency in knowledge of aircraft systems, meteorology, and flight regulations. This person should possess the knowledge and skills to make proper decisions in regard to changing weather and aircraft emergencies as well as assist the Captain with all phases of flight from planning to securing the aircraft after flight. You will be responsible for embracing Koch Industries, Inc. safety culture and proactively participate in related programs. All candidates must promote and abide by all flight safety standards.
Qualifications (Work Experience/Skills & Education)
- Must have at least 2,500 hours of flight time
- Must have at least 500 hours of flight in a multi-engine turbine aircraft
- Must be capable of passing and maintaining an FAA First Class physical
- Must possess an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) license
- Must be capable of obtaining a Lear 45 type rating within one year of employment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid, current pilot license
- Must Possess a valid, current driver’s license
- Must possess a valid, current passport
- 3,000 TT, 1,500hr PIC in multi-engine aircraft with r 500hr in multi-engine turbine aircraft
- Lear 45/Challenger 300 Type rating
Other Considerations (Physical Demands/Unusual Working Conditions)
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years Previous Corporate Aviation experience
- This position is subject to an annual “Wellness Profile”
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be available to work holidays, weekends, travel overnight with no fixed schedule and on-call status
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Industries, Inc.