The internship/coop role provides students the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Powertrain by working on real world projects. This is a structured learning experience where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Powertrain.
Volvo-funded corporate housing is available for this co-op.
- Analyse component parts and assemblies to help determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinate activities with other departments within the Company, as necessary
- Provide engineering support for quality issues as required
- Issue written and oral reports
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support component and system test activities
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Conduct engine tests in cells, chassis or on bench as needed
- Various technical data generation, analysis, problem resolution and reporting.
Essential Skills and Needed Experience
- Entering sophomore year class standing or higher; MBA students also encouraged to apply
- History of academic achievement: GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles a plus
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer