Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and coaching instruction at a large public high school.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide instruction in all phases of scholastic competition and sideline cheering;
- Works with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills;
- Provides guidance and encouragement to help students receive personal gain from their participation;
- Maintain compliance of Chesterfield County Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs;
- Promotes a favorable image of the school district.
- Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs and services;
- Works with the athletic director to evaluate program needs;
- Promotes the proper use and care of school property;
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, c ommunity and the media;
- Handle financial items for the athletic program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees;
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers;
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms;
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information and team statistics and information;
- Completes paperwork timely and accurately;
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual;
- Be knowledgeable of, monitor, and maintain compliance of applicable health and safety practices.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrates professionalism and fosters a positive environment. Has working knowledge of interscholastic athletic program regulations. Skills in managing individual, group, organizational interactions and problem resolution. Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing, and listening skills.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
- Must be fingerprinted and have documented results of clear criminal record.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Education and experience should demonstrate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Chesterfield County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
9900 Krause Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -