Cocktail Server is a member of the Food and Beverage team that assists in ensuring that IHR customer service and beverages standards are met. Hospitable, welcoming, and friendly guest service are essential requirements of the position.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE: Hospitality and effectively promote and serve food and/or beverage to customers, according to CHC standards and state laws in a safe, accident-free manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Hospitality greet, prepare and serve drinks to guests according to IHC beverage service standards and state laws. (60%)
2. Prepare station for readiness prior to opening and closing of each shift. (20%)
3. Follow all cash handling and bank SOP’s as directed by IHC. (10%)
4. Perform all side work duties according to side work schedules. (7%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Assists barback with hor d’ oeuvres table for cocktail hour in set up and breakdown. (3%)
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: High School education or equivalent experience
Experience: One year of cocktail experience preferred
Age: Must be __ years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
Skills and Abilities: Communication and hospitality skills (English) required
Ability to use micros machine
Full knowledge of state liquor
Full knowledge of TIPs training
No. of employees supervised: None
Travel required: None
Hours Required: Must have flexible day and evening hour availability; scheduled days and times vary based on need
JOB TITLE: Beverage Server
Physical Job Requirements
(for essential functions only)
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying Describe the type(s) of required lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying to include objects, weights and frequency.
No Lifting/Pushing/Pulling/Carrying Required.
- 100% - Trays up tp 20 lbs., carry silverware and set-ups of 20 lbs
Bending/Kneeling Describe the type(s) of required bending and/or kneeling to include when, why and how often.
No Bending/Kneeling Required.
- 60% - Quick paced bending/ stretching to serve beverages and general cleanliness of work areas
Mobility Describe the type(s) of mobility required to include distances and % of time involved.
- 100%- Continually walking at a fast pace. Variable are including tight, high density environment
Continuous Standing Describe the reasons to include time period and frequency.
No Continuous Standing Required.
Climbing Stairs: Up to approx.25 steps40
The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a 14 story high rise hotel. It is centrally located and houses one of the finest restaurants in Laredo. The Terraza Verde Restaurant serves a great variety of cuisine, from Mexican food, to steaks and seafood. The Holiday Inn is a full service property equipped with a complete business center and wireless Internet throughout the hotel for all guests. Six meeting rooms, three converting into a grand ballroom, are available for all your catering needs. Our workout center offers brand new equipment for strength and cardiovascular training. Guests can also enjoy the Covey Lounge bar. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the Laredo International Airport, Mall Del Norte, and International Bridge I.
Division : Cocktail Server
Facility : Holiday Inn Laredo/Civic Center
Category : Hospitality
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job