Coffee Shop Attendant (Part-Time)
KIPP Austin Central Kitchen
ABOUT KIPP AUSTIN PUBLIC SCHOOLS: KIPP Austin Public Schools is a network of free, public, open enrollment schools for low‐income and historically underserved students in Austin, Texas. Since 2002, KIPP Austin has empowered underserved students to strengthen the academic skills, intellectual habits, and character traits necessary to thrive in, and graduate from, four‐year colleges and universities, giving them the freedom to shape their futures and positively affect their communities. There are currently seven schools in the KIPP Austin network: two elementary schools, four middle schools and one high school. By 2017 we will expand our network to include ten schools serving students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. When fully enrolled, KIPP Austin will serve over 5,000 students – more than doubling the number of college-ready low-income, minority students in Austin. KIPP Austin Public Schools is part of the national network of charter schools, KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program (www.kipp.org).
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Coffee Shop Attendant/Barista works as a part of the KIPP Austin Public Schools Cafeteria Team. The Coffee Shop Attendant would help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere to enhance the student’s meal time experience. This position would efficiently handle the sale of food, maintain a clean and sanitary work and sitting area, the collection of money, and to prepare an accurate, balanced tabulation sheet for Food Service accounting purposes. The Coffee Shop Attendant would work effectively in the cafeteria/kitchen, or where designated, by the Front of the House Supervisor, Executive Sous Chef - as needed. There will be an added element of cooking in this position. Cooking talent would definitely be a plus. This position will abide by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
• Support the Coffee Shop and Cafeteria as needed
• Comply with Health Department for food service
• Comply with all cash handling procedures and balance register daily
• Set up and break down café daily
• Maintain and reconcile all financial records for the café accurately
• Effectively record meal counts, cash collected, and deposits on a daily basis
• Perform duties of Cafeteria Worker as needed
o Assist in the preparation for meal portions which may involve cooking and baking, using various utensils and appliances
o May perform specialized duties (baking and cooking)
o Serve students, teachers, and guests
o Use safety precautions relative to working with food service equipment and materials; report all injuries or unsafe condition to supervisor
• Keep dispensing and related equipment full and operating; this includes milk and other self-selection food options (condiment stand and self-serve coffee station)
• Maintain the cleanliness of the café
o Clear counters, sweep/mop floors
o Clean freezers, coolers, and storage areas
o Clean kitchen appliances
o Clean and maintain the garbage collection area as needed
o Store stock in an efficient and safe manner
• Support all efforts to recycle and compost
• Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of Quick Books POS
• Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of Skyward
• Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness
• Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with team.
• Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve effectively.
• Manager Food Handler’s card required
All KIPP Austin staff members demonstrate the following:
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin mission and KIPP Austin community
• A clear, authentic and transparent sense of your strengths and weaknesses as a professional; an ability to easily adjust tone
• Demonstrate a commitment to continue professional development individually
• Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
• Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
• Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
• May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces.
• Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
• Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III
• May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
• Frequent repetitive hand motion.
• Frequent excessive standing during assigned work day.
• Frequent requirement to lift, carry, push, pull, sit, stand, walk, reach, crouch, climb, balance, kneel and stoop.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age,
gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
KIPP Foundation - 10 months ago