Title: Cognos ETL Developer
Location: Houston, TX - 77002
Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs and processes. Interface with clients to determine requirements, resolve issues and determine cost estimates. Provide subject matter expertise to the business client in order to assist with problem solving and as a resource for training and development
· Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets.
· Provide production support and monitoring of systems supporting business clients, occasionally after normal work hours.
· Support SOX controls, testing and audits.
· Coordinate application requests, prioritization and business communication.
· Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
· Development of prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments.
· Documentation of design specifications.
· Develop new and enhanced system functionality including custom code and packaged application configuration.
· Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring.
· Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
· Collaborate with team members and operational groups to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
· Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of company, operations, and IT applications and infrastructure teams.
· Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and milestone time periods.
· Develop string test scripts in order to test a group of related functionality.
· Interact with external entities: vendors, service providers and product vendors.
· Interfaces with IT application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed.
· Helps identify and recommend options, risks and alternatives to deliver a robust and stable web infrastructure.
· Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components.
· Assists in researching, evaluating, specifying and coding the configuration of hardware and/or software for application’s environment.
· Requires skill and proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines.
· Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years Cognos development experiences related to report studio, analysis studio as well as sever admin with strong Oracle PL/SQL coding skills.
· Able to work in UNIX environment, write UNIX script to trigger SQL loader or call PL/SQL procedures to perform ETL jobs.
· Other IT experience including Application configuration experience, testing experience and production support experience.
· Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
· Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.
· Evaluating user change requests and obtains approval to make modifications.
· Participating in project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements.
· Conducting unit testing to ensure application meets specifications.
IDHASOFT - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Sr. ETL Developer
Academy Sports + Outdoors
Academy Sports + Outdoors
- 30+ days ago