DIME analysts maintain the Kaiser Permanente Northwest Region's data marts, performance reporting and models for effective business decision making to improve Healthcare operations. The Business Systems Analyst plays a critical role in the process, primarily focusing on user alignment with our planning, business intelligence and reporting tools. This position will be an experienced Cognos EP developer/administrator, well versed in translating functional requirements into the resulting planning models and must have experience supporting/modifying models across a Dev/Test/Prod application landscape. Candidate will also have a foundational understanding of Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) and how EP and BI work together to meet the needs of planning/forecasting departments. Ideally, candidate will have significant, demonstrated hands-on work experience in Cognos Enterprise Planning across multiple deployments.
• In collaboration with KPIT and business clients, lead/manage major projects to ensure that information applications are implemented or upgraded to meet business requirements.
• These efforts are large in size, complex, and carry significant risk/reward and visibility.
• Apply business area expertise to define and frame complex, multi-dimensional projects, developing the goals, direction, methodology, work plan and schedule.
• Establish contracts and work plan with KPIT and business clients to delineate the scope and achieve the desired outcomes of the project.
• Work with IT and Business to plan testing cycles and design test cases.
• Manage and implement system enhancements that improve business processes
• Understand and articulate business requirements based on process engineering
• Act as IT liaison for technical requirements
• Provide overall project management for the development of business information systems, ensuring desired outcomes are met on schedule and within budget.
• Ensure integration with other business applications, and consistency with established data/information standards.
• Collaborate/consult with other KP regions and KPIT to share design ideas and establish needed common definitions or work processes.
• Analyze workflow, identifying operational issues. Work collaboratively with operations and KPIT staff to implement workflow or system improvements necessary to meet business information needs and user requirements.
• Manage the development of user documentation and training materials. Develop content, and in some cases provide training for new business applications.
• Provides leadership and direction to Business systems team in accordance with overall strategic direction of the group.
• Serves as content expert.
• Acts as a mentor to Business System team.
• Develop applications that combine data from existing sources, tailored to specific user groups and business needs.
• Work with key system users to identify user requirements and continuously improve their ability to access information easily and efficiently.
• Ensure consistency with established data and application standards.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Five (5) years of analytical or systems support experience.
• Cognos enterprise planning/administration experience preferred.
• Experience in process engineering.
• Ten (10) years of analytical experience at KPNW, preferred.
• Two (2) years of project management experience, preferred.
• BS/BA degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, OR equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Advanced degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, preferred.
• In depth knowledge of business units.
• Expert knowledge of relevant service delivery/insurance/finance business units.
• Proven skills in project management, including the following attributes: efficient, collaborative, candid, open, and results-oriented.
• Establish clear performance contracts and project work plans.
• Strong proficiency in the use of current software and exposure to SAS/SQL, Oracle, or Teradata or clinical information systems and Microsoft Office including Visio.
• Proven ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative/qualitative analysis.
• Ability to design and (when necessary) deliver formal training programs to application users.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written).
• Be assertive, objective and be able to confront clients with difficult issues.
• Expertise in multiple business units (service delivery, insurance, finance), preferred.
• Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP applications, and KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles, preferred.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...