The purpose of the Margin team is to monitor counter party risk derived from trade capture as well as downgrade events. The analyst will work with in conjunction with a number of internal departments to ensure that the firm’s margin risk exposure is evaluated and monitored consistently and determine the appropriate collateral requirements. Candidate should have experience in repo, equities, derivatives and credit & interest structured products.
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing & receiving collateral calls and transferring assets to ensure the firm’s credit risk is mitigated.
- Agreeing collateral calls, settling interest and dealing with disputes with counterparties and resolving problems for internal and external clients.
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- Interaction with various internal areas including Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle Office, Legal, Settlements, etc.
- High client focus to provide solutions and exceptional customer service.
- Monitor the daily activities of cash and margin accounts to ensure compliance with the regulations of the Federal Reserve (Regulation T), NYSE and Royal Bank of Scotland’s own internal credit policies
- Monitoring day-to-day exceptions and issuing maintenance calls on accounts that fall below minimum margin requirements.
- Review and approve client requests for payments, transfer of assets within RBS and transfer of assets to other financial organizations.
- Involvement in various group initiatives including process improvements or industry initiatives.
- Liaising with IT to improve processes and controls and continue development of the collateral management infrastructure.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Knowledge of Equities, Fixed Income Products, and Options preferred
- Knowledge of ISDA/CSA & Master Repurchase Agreements preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- MS Suite literate (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment
- Good organizational & multi-tasking skills for prioritizing daily tasks & meeting deadlines
- Desire for continued improvement and new challenges, both on a business and personal level
“Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role.”
RBS Insurance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard