Performs account follow-up and resolution of patient receivables.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitor insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
- Identify coding or billing problems from EOBs and work to correct the errors in a timely manner
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
- Update the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances
- Sort and file correspondence
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one year of collections experience required
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement