Performs account follow-up and resolution of patient receivables.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Monitor insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
· Identify coding or billing problems from EOBs and work to correct the errors in a timely manner
· Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
· Update the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
· Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances
· Sort and file correspondence
· Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
· Other duties as assigned
· At least one year of collections experience required
· Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
HCA Inc - 19 months ago