~ Business Office Collector ~ North Vista Hospital
Customer Service - Star Standards
- Receives incoming telephone calls from responsible parties and determines balance due status.
- Takes insurance information. Develops payment arrangements and determines what is required to close the account. 100% of all collection work is documented in a timely manner.
- Contacts insurance companies by phone to check status of claims. Contacts patients by phone or via letter to make appropriate arrangements to secure balance of the account in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the aging of the accounts. Review on a weekly basis all accounts greater than 60 days to identify and quantify issues. Review high dollar account that are 31-60 days to prevent them from rolling into the 61-90 day bucket.
- Reviews EOB's to determine if payment is correct and makes appropriate adjustment or review account to determine if payment and contractual adjustments are correct.
- Responsible for the FC Q to determine if they are underpaid or if the account needs to be appealed with the insurance carriers.
- Employee has willingness and ability to perform additional duties in different areas of the department/hospital on an as-needed basis.
- Communicates well with management, co-workers and physicians, reporting problems with equipment, supplies, or procedures.
- Consistently strives to understand, anticipate and meet the needs, expectations and satisfaction of patients, visitors, co-workers and medical staff.
Responds to others in an honest, professional and positive manner.
Never rude or discourteous.
Protects patient privacy, dignity and modesty in all actions and conversation.
Maintains patient/co-worker privacy.
Respects and follows Iasis/Hospital specific quality, safety and compliance standards.
Helpful and willing to assist patients and visitors.
Cooperates, shows support and appreciation to co-workers, volunteers, and vendors for the benefits of the customer/patient, their family and North Vista Hospital as a whole.
Assist others, even if it is not your job.
Doesn't say, it's not my job or my customer/patient.
Pitches in to promote cleanliness and appearance of Hospital.
Treats co-workers with respect and professionalism.
Greets and introduces self by name to customers/patients and families with a smile, eye contact and a kind word.
Is a positive role model reflected by ethical behavior and task accountability.
Smiles, is an ambassador of the hospital in/outside the workplace.
Professional in appearance, behavior and positive attitude.
Courteously responds to customer/patient, visitor and co-worker needs and requests in a timely manner.
Keeps customer and families informed of all wait times and delays.
Uses listening skills to respond to all inquires appropriately, giving full attention, showing empathy and understanding.
Responds quickly to requests, complaints and questions.
Ability to turn a negative situation into a positive experience.
North Vista Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
High School Diploma/GED
One year collection experience or equivalent education, preferably in a hospital/medical environment. Be able to operate 10-key and type 30-35 wpm.
IASIS Healthcare - 16 months ago