1. MAJOR FUNCTION: Briefly state the overall purpose of the position in one or two sentences; highlight the general functions or duties for which the position is responsible.
Responsible for maximizing performance of high volume consumer loans, including vehicle, real estate, unsecured and Visa portfolios (telephone calls, letters, skip tracing, asset locating, offsetting accounts etc, account/system maintenance, and providing high-level, effective member service.
2. SPECIFIC DUTIES: In order of importance, list the duties that make up the regular assignment and their purpose. Use specific action verbs, such as file, compile, operate, etc.; avoid words such as: prepare, handle, and assist. State the frequency; i.e., daily, weekly, occasionally, and the approximate percent of time spent. Do not list more than (8) duties.
DUTIES FREQUENCY % OF YOUR TIME PURPOSE
Collection of delinquent Daily 85% Collections
accounts via telephone
and letter dunning
Skip tracing and asset location Daily 10% Collections
Problem Resolution Daily 5% Collections
3. RESPONSIBILITY AND DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY : Describe specific respon-sibilities (with examples) for making decisions and taking action in order to effectively do the job.
Working within departmental guidelines, speak to members and agree to payment plans on past due accounts that cure accounts (bring current).
Initiate and remove administrative freezes and hotcards; offset accounts; recommend extensions, line closures and Agency/Attorney referrals.
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: What knowledge, skills and abilities are necessary to perform the job satisfactorily? Be specific.
- Collection experience - calling owners of accounts to arrange for payment of past due amounts.
- Skip tracing - locating members who have moved and/or changed phone numbers.
- Asset location - Verifying home ownership, locating employment, bank accounts, and collateral (autos, boats, motorcycles, recreational vehicles).
- Superior communication skills (Listening, speaking, writing)
- Problem resolution
- Ability to handle large call volumes
- Attention to detail & strong follow up skills
- Excel, Word, Outlook
5. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED : (A) What is the minimum level of formal education - or equivalent - required for the job? (B ) What specific or special courses are needed? (C) What prior experience and how much is required to qualify as a candidate for this job? (D ) How much time would it take a new employee to perform the job satisfactorily? And, (E) What takes the longest to learn, and why?
A. College Degree preferred. High School Degree or GED required.
B. Credit/collection training, continuous development programs considered favorably.
C. Minimum three years related consumer collection experience.
D. Ninety days.
E. Systems-multiple platforms (OSI, FDR, AMS2)
Bethpage Federal Credit Union - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -