Collector II - Auto Finance Feb & March 2014 - Tampa, Fl (Sourcing)
Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), we:
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers.
- serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
- lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
- are one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
- service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
As a Collector, you will collect past due amounts on accounts, working with more difficult accounts (long term delinquent accounts and those not paid as promised.) You will locate and contact customers by telephone and mail, handle moderately difficult skip-trace assignments, assess the individual circumstances and decide upon an appropriate course of action. This will include determining reasons for non-payment, negotiating payment arrangements, offering suggestions to customers on how to meet their obligations and advising them as to the possible consequences of not meeting the obligations. You may also help develop restructuring plans to assist clients in resolving delinquency and avoiding repossession of vehicle.
High school diploma or GED required
- Candidates with prior military experience are preferred
- Auto Finance experience a plus
- At least one year of collections experience required
- Complete knowledge of relevant federal regulations and/or the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act preferred
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, laws and methods of collection, skip tracing and due diligence
- Excellent analytical, communication, and
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Ability to work well on a team and focus on results; adaptable and flexible
- Solid PC experience and typing skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
Current work schedules are:
Sun 11:30am-8:30pm + Mon- Thu 2pm-11pm
Tue-Fri 2pmm - 11pm + Sat 11am-8pm
Shift differential provided.
**Please note that you must complete the online assessment to be considered for an interview**
US-FL-Tampa-FS3-4900 Memorial Highway / 02978
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...