This PAID internship offers hands-on experience in a wholesale/retail work environment and can lead to career opportunities in management and/or professional outside sales upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to learn basic store operations, gain management skills, and develop sales techniques and customer service skills, as well as increase knowledge in a variety of key business topics such as profit & loss, inventory control, and human resources. Interns will also be exposed to S-W professionals in a variety of functional areas. You'll gain insight on a career in outside sales by traveling with a Sales Representative and spending structured time with your District Management team.
To join our Intern Program, you must have demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates welcome.
Program Dates: June 2, 2014 to August 4, 2014
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university, currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (preferred graduation range: August 2014 to May 2015)
- Must submit to a background screening which may include driving, credit and criminal history
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be available to work 28 hours per week.
The Sherwin-Williams Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...