College Student Practicum-Accounting
Caterpillar's US International Tax group is responsible for US taxation on foreign subsidiaries, including determing US income inclusion and filing required US tax forms.
This position assists US international tax staff in the following functions.
This temporary position is designed for a college student to work:
- Review data from foreign subsidiaries and communicate with contacts to resolve issues
- Prepare tax adjustments
- Source income into appropriate categories for tax calculations
- Assist in calculation of US income inclusions
- Document work papers
- Prepare US tax forms for non-US entities (Forms 5471 and 8858)
- Assist staff in reconciling schedules and forms
- Create organization charts for tax return disclosures
- Populate entity schedules
- Substantiating foreign tax credits
- 10-15 hours per week March - May
- 30-35 hours per week June - August
year college student
- Majoring in Accounting
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Completion of tax course not required
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficient in computers, including Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
- No previous tax experience required or expected
Feb 27, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Illinois-Peoria-PEORIA01-Peoria Admin Bldg-AB-Us
Administration / Support
Caterpillar - 21 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...