Do you enjoy working with future teachers?
Would you like to utilize your teaching skills in a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative environment? Are you organized with a keen attention to detail?
If so, this could be your opportunity to shine!
Our College of Education Department is looking for a talented part-time, Adjunct Faculty member with a background in Student Teacher Supervision to facilitate classroom instruction on our Clinton, Iowa campus. The College of Education Adjunct Faculty use cutting edge technology to ensure quality learning in the classroom. If you find that contributing to the ever-evolving field of higher education motivates you, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
NOTE: This position is located in Clinton, Iowa and is not remote.
Adjunct Campus Faculty are contracted on a semester basis for one or more courses, overloads for full time faculty, independent studies, special topics, internships, practicums, student teacher supervision, senior thesis chair/reader, summer school, or Mayterm. The Adjunct Campus Faculty reports to the Dean of their Respective College.
Essential Job Duties:
• Teaching loads of 3-8 per semester or overload beyond 26 cr. hr.
• Office hours for student consultation.
• Independent Study oversight.
• Internship and Practicum or Student Teaching oversight.
• Senior thesis oversight.
• Professional Development participation.
• Book ordering for the semester.
• Grading (including 4 week deficiencies) and attendance records.
• Syllabi development and electronic submission.
• Assessment of courses and programs as scheduled.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of e-College, Faculty Portal, and grade book functions.
• Post-secondary work experience at a community or 4 year college or university.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in subject area to be taught is required. PhD is preferred.
If a degree is required for the position, completed
degrees must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally
accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes
certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and
incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on
public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for
three previous years. The policies include campus security policies,
crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among
others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...