Bike sharing is a sustainable, healthy and innovative community-based transportation program providing ideal short distance, point-to-point, and simple-to-use bikes for use around the city. With established systems in Washington, DC, Boston, MA, Melbourne, Australia and New York City, Alta Bicycle Share will be introducing this community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility to Columbus in summer 2013.
The program allows for users to access bikes at multiple self-serve locations and return the bike to any other available station in the system. As a company our responsibilities include: marketing and membership sales, station and bike repair and maintenance, station redeployment and reporting on system and operational performance.
Alta Bicycle Share, on-the-ground operators for CoGo Bike Share, is seeking several results-oriented, dedicated individuals to serve as station technicians and assist with bicycle redistribution for CoGo Bike Share.
Position Overview: Station technicians and rebalancers will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for daily maintenance of a system comprising 30 bike share stations in the downtown Columbus area. This individual will also be required to drive a commercial van in Columbus to help maintain the optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members. Station technicians and rebalancers will be charged with acquiring and maintaining a thorough technical knowledge of the CoGo system hardware and software, managing bike share station maintenance and repair to meet contractually stipulated goals through routine station maintenance, and the inspection and evaluation of bike share stations for safety, function and cleanliness.
The workplace will be dynamic and there is an expectation of willingness to cross-train with the Bicycle Service department as operational success is premised on departmental cooperation. This individual must be a self-starter and independent thinker with excellent problem solving abilities and able to easily work with both management and clients.
This position may require frequent or prolonged standing, bicycling or driving and hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
• Interacts with customers and potential customers in public - represents CoGo Bike Share and Alta Bicycle Share responsibly and effectively.
• Inspects and evaluates bike share stations for safety, function, and cleanliness.
• Identifies, reports and/or retrieves bicycles in need of in-house repair.
• Performs routine station maintenance and repair.
• Monitors CoGo Bike Share system status on regular basis; identifies and reports all station-related problems.
• Responds to and resolves (if possible) reported station-related problems.
• Uses communications and computer technology effectively to record all maintenance and repair activity.
• Assists with station assembly and installation as necessary/assigned.
• Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment as needed.
• Works alone or with Lead Bicycle Mechanic under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
• Drives a commercial van to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand data.
• Addresses and logs bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed.
• Respond to requests from the Operations Manager.
• Ensure OSHA compliant workplace and practices.
• Ensure a positive relationship between all service staff and management.
• Contribute to the future growth of CoGo Bike Share.
• Other duties as necessary/assigned.
Alta - 14 months ago