Posting Title |
Commercial Account Executive - Oklahoma
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. In 2007, VMware experienced 88% year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts.
The Commercial Account Executive (CAE) owns all non-named accounts within a specific geographic territory. The CAE’s primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned territory through leveraging the partner sales community. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities in the territory. Partner Business Managers (PBM) and Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) are key team members of the local geographic team with responsibility for identifying, selecting, developing, leading and managing all VMware sales partners in the territory.
Co-develop a partner strategy for the territory to cover in tandem with ISR and PBM and execute on the strategy with specific revenue and profitability targets
- Effectively communicate and coach ideas and concepts to external partner representatives on how to position and close VMware opportunities
- Coordinate appropriate enablement resources to support partner community within the territory
- Orchestrate territory coverage with both internal and external partner teams to achieve high level results
- Create and maintain effective partner relationships with partner principles located in assigned territory
- Supports and provides guidance to both field and partner marketing events and activities
- Accurately assesses general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in related software industry
- Must have experience working in a channel driven model in either a director or indirect capacity
- Track record of developing sales through Partners covering a geographic territory (versus a named territory)
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, take action on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Proven track record of cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing and technical management
Must have strong relationships with top tier partners
- Must have experience in selling a ‘platform” as a solution within an account such as ERP, CRM, Apps, and SAAS, etc
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Ability to travel 30 – 50% of the time in specified territory
Oklahoma City, OK, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...