The Commercial Analyst position is responsible for supporting the Commercial Group with regard to monitoring overall sales activity and providing support on new business opportunities. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist commercial account managers with monitoring sales performance at each designated facility as it relates to financial budgets and tonnage throughput
• Work closely with Terminal managers to understand variances on a weekly basis; relay reasons for the variances to the regional accounting manager prior to the weekly finance calls
• Maintain the designated regional master opportunity list and distribute an updated list prior to the bi-weekly regional commercial calls
• Generate revenue reports and other reports as needed (such as top revenues by customer, etc.) and be able to track performance during the course of the year
• Develop business models for new capital projects, working closely with the appropriate sales manager(s), Terminal managers and the designated engineering group to obtain the needed information to set up the model
• Generate corporate models to help support capital projects
• Assist in project write ups and upon final approval submit the write up, contract document and corporate model to corporate
• Work with corporate to vet potential new customers for risk and credit worthiness
• Analyze business units and identify levels of profitability for existing and new business and sharing the information with the Commercial Team
• Work closely with Terminal managers to implement KPI/Quality processes with select customers, consolidate data into workable worksheets/presentations and monitor performance and quality process
• Help identify areas where capital projects (expansion, new equipment, etc.) can be justified based on cost savings
• Participate in bi-weekly sales calls and provide status updates on existing business and new business development opportunities
• Put together presentations as may be needed for reports, QBR's or other required reviews
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required. Business, quality management or engineering degree preferred. MBA or work toward and MBA preferred.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Basic knowledge of financial structure, ability to work with spreadsheets, proficient in Microsoft Office and other business applications.
• 2-5 years of experience.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
• Willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
• Must possess Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
• Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC); if applicable.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Be able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups during sales calls, presentations and other meetings utilizing written, verbal and listening skills.
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed and required
• Must possess strong organizational skills and provide attention to detail
• Be able to maintain regular, dependable attendance.
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervision, focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to work schedules.
• Be self motivated, possess a positive work ethic
• Be able to deal with a wide variety of people with tack, courtesy and professionalism
• Learn to understand Kinder Morgan operations and relationship with customer service
• Minimal travel will be required specifically to regional terminals
• Visiting Kinder Morgan facilities (which will require PPE, field SQE training)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...