Part Time to Full Time Construction Estimator/Project Manager
General contracting firm seeks construction estimator with commercial experience. Our office
is located in lower Westchester County with projects throughout the Tri-State area. Many
projects will be retail and office fit-ups, shopping center restorations, ground up construction and corporate capital improvements ranging $100k-5M. Private and Public works.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and specification for all trades- architectural, exterior restorations, MEP, structural, sprinkler, fire alarm, etc.
- Must be able to identify and track changes to drawings through addendums and revisions, including follow through with subcontractors
- Prepare RFI’s
- Must be able to attend job site walk through and coordinate with client requests
- Coordinate with client representatives, architects, engineers, construction managers and consultants to establish project requirements, budgets, specifications and schedules
- Must be able to solicit multiple quotes per trade from different subcontractors and ensure their quotes include entire scope of work
- Must be able to write detailed scopes of work for reach individual trade—electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Identify potential subcontractors and analyze subcontractors quotations
- Must be able to do quantity take-offs and contact suppliers
- Thorough knowledge of construction concept with concentration in commercial applications
- Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates and bid packages
- Maintain job schedules and prepare cost reports for actual versus estimated
- Conduct weekly project meeting and manage site superintendents
- Run project sites safely, efficiently and most importantly professionally
- Must be proficient in computer technology (CAD, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Must have strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English—Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
If you do not possess this skill set or experience please do not apply
Commercial construction company