The purpose of this job is to review subsequent to loan closing the commercial loan, security, and compliance documents prepared by outside legal counsel to ensure accuracy, completeness, perfection, and consistency in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and bank policy and procedures. The position also reviews the loan package to ensure proper document execution, inclusion of external documents, and identification of collateral exceptions. In addition, this position will serve as the Document Review Manager’s designee for the review of CDP prepared loans of $1,000,000 or more.
- Examine loan applications and other source documents submitted with loan packages prepared by outside legal counsel for completeness and accuracy of data required to determine collateral classification and to ensure appropriate documents have been prepared to perfect the bank’s lien.
- Review the loan, security, and compliance documents prepared by outside legal counsel for accuracy, completeness, proper execution, and adherence to perfection and compliance guidelines of applicable state and federal laws and bank policy and procedures. Ensure the required external documents and forms (non-attorney prepared) have been included in the loan package.
- Complete the appropriate documentation checklist(s) as determined by the collateral type(s). Identify compliance and collateral documentation exceptions and record tracking codes.
- Communicate with lending personnel to obtain any additional information required during the review process.
- Knowledge of commercial collateral, security, and lien perfection requirements (5 years)
- Knowledge of loan compliance regulations (5 years)
- Knowledge of real estate matters and title searches/opinions
- Knowledge of loan policy and procedures
- Operational loan structure/functionality knowledge
- Knowledge of state specific loan documentation requirements preferred
- Knowledge of agribusiness loan documentation preferred
- Knowledge of SBA loan documentation requirements preferred
- Analytical/judgmental skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to comprehend/articulate/communicate loan documentation requirements effectively
- Time management principles to prioritize workload
- Computer skills
- Customer service
- Junior college/two years college training and 5 years job related experience
- Paralegal certification preferred
Trustmark National Bank - 14 months ago